How to enable two-factor authentication (2FA) on a YouTube account
- Go to YouTube and sign in to your account.
- Click on your profile icon in the top right corner and select "Settings" from the dropdown menu.
- In the left menu, click on "Security" and then click on the "Two-factor authentication" tab.
- Click on the "Get started" button.
- Select the phone number you want to use to receive the 2FA code. If you don't have a phone number associated with your account, you can add one by clicking on the "Add phone" button.
- Enter the verification code you receive via SMS and click "Verify".
- Choose the option for receiving the 2FA code (via SMS or the Google Authenticator app) and click "Continue."
- If you selected the option to receive the 2FA code via SMS, you would need to enter the code in the provided field and click "Verify". If you selected the option to use the Google Authenticator app, you would need to scan the QR code with the app and enter the code generated in the provided field.
- Click "Turn on" to enable 2FA on your YouTube account.
That's it! You have successfully enabled 2FA on your YouTube account. From now on, you will need to enter a 2FA code in addition to your password when signing in to your YouTube account. This will help to protect your account from unauthorized access.
We hope this guide was helpful! Let us know if you have any questions.